These are the changes that are coming into place from 6th April 2019.
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP), Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP) and Statutory Shared Parental Pay (SSPP) will increase from £145.18 per week to £148.68 per week
- The Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) rate will also increase from £92.05 per week to £94.25 per week
- The qualifying weekly lower earnings limit threshold for SMP, SPP, SAP, SSPP and SSP will rise from £116 per week to £118 per week.
- The National Living Wage for workers aged 25 or older will increase from £7.83 to £8.21 per hour
- The National Minimum Wage rate for workers aged 21 to 24 will increase from £7.38 to £7.70 per hour
- The development rate for workers aged 18 to 20 will increase from £5.90 to £6.15 per hour
- The apprenticeship rate will increase from £3.70 to £3.90 per hour
- The amount of a week’s pay for various statutory calculations, including statutory redundancy payments, will increase from £508 to £525
- The statutory cap for unfair dismissal compensation will increase from £83,682 to £86,444
Your HR adviser can help you with any queries you have about the changes. Or if you haven’t yet subscribed to one of our services and would like to discuss any issues with an HR Adviser, speak to the team on 0844 327 2293 about how we can help.